
Today is Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, to enjoy more great recipes or join in click the link on my sidebar. Ladies, thanks so much for hosting !
~ INGREDIENTS:
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts chopped
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 cup frozen corn kernels
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup chunky salsa
8 ounces corn tortilla chips
1/2 cup shredded cheese (optional , your favorite type )
DIRECTIONS
In a large pot over medium heat, saute the chicken in the oil for 5-10 minutes.
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 cup frozen corn kernels
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup chunky salsa
8 ounces corn tortilla chips
1/2 cup shredded cheese (optional , your favorite type )
DIRECTIONS
In a large pot over medium heat, saute the chicken in the oil for 5-10 minutes.
Add the garlic and cumin and mix well.
Then add the broth, corn, onion, chili powder, lemon juice and salsa.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes.
Break up some tortilla chips into individual bowls and pour soup over chips.
Top with favorite cheese and sour cream, enjoy !
Have a very blessed Tuesday, thanks for stopping by.






12 comments:
Perfect for Cinco de Mayo Day! Looks wonderful!
Happy Tempt My Tummy Tuesday!
Dear Samantha,
Sorry that I deleted the first comment, I misspelled "cinco". :)
Anyway, while I wanted to say is that this soup is delicious. When I lived in California, I was fortunate to celebrate cinco de Mayo with my mexican friends and I was able to taste it.
Yummy!!!
Lady M
I love salsa and chicken together! And I love a good hearty soup! Thanks for posting. :)
This soup sounds delicious. It would be a great addition to any Cinco de Mayo activities.
Hugs,
Pam
Hey Samantha, sorry Mr. Linky was sick, this morning. Every once and a while that Mr. Linky server goes down. He is back up and I added your post link to TMTT. Thanks for your participation.
Ohhh, that sound sooo good. Can't wait to try it. My DH loves any food that is Mexican.
Thanks for your sweet post. There are always sweet memories, if you don't let the hate consume you and Thank God my Momma was not a hate filled person and didn't teach us hate.
I bet my husband will love this.
YUMMY!!
I've made something like this and we love it. Though now we are in the 90's here, soup is the last thing my hubby wants to come home too. LOL.
But it is making me hungry.
Samantha, I think my daughter makes this same recipe. I haven't tried it yet...but it sounds yummy!
Samantha, you are the winner of my 200th post give away, please stop by my blog and check it out. If you will email me your address to molly43@bellsouth.net I will get them on their way to you.
Molly
My hubby will definitely like this! But then, so will I. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment
Blessed by :