CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

3/23/2009

True Beauties ~


Yesterday we took a 3 hr road trip to deliver puppies to their new owners. What a trip,loaded with laughs, joy and some little problems along the way. Five people and four puppies in a car, of course, well use your imagination. We treated Josh and Cham to lunch, dinner and a trip to the zoo and we will also need to take care of their dry cleaning bill ! Even with the little obstacles we had a fun, family time.



One of my favorites at the zoo, the Rainbow Lorikeet. They are brightly colored small birds.In the exhibit, you are able to purchase a cup of nectar and feed them, it was such a treat,to be up close and personal with these beautifully made birds. You hold out your little cup
and they come and eat the nectar, they are such interesting little birds to watch.We also saw two that were lovebirds, it was so lovely. They didn't come down to eat, they were to busy, admiring each other. The rainbow lorikeets are monogamous birds; pairs are readily recognized in flocks. This pair couldn't be missed !




The trip on the way home quieter, calmer and less messy. A time to reflect on Gods beautiful world and the blessings he so graciously offers. I left my camera at home, so will post pictures later in the week from Chams camera, some of us feeding the birds. I spent the day with true beauties, not only these beautiful birds but my beautiful family.
HAPPY BELATED birthday to my beautiful sister, Marilyn, it was yesterday, hope it was wonderful, love you !

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Hello, thank you for stopping by my blog. :) I really enjoyed readying your blog. Very pretty. :) I'll definitely stop by and leave a comment. Have a wonderful day:)

Denise said...

Sounds like an awesome trip sweetie.

Diane said...

It sounds like a wonderful day, dry cleaning and all! The birds are beautiful and I love the story of how they are monogamous and how it is so obvious to all who observe. Sometimes I wonder if my relationship with the Lord is that obviously monogamous to the world who watches? Do they see that I'm commited to the One True God and Him only I will serve? I pray they do, but I know I can improve on that preception so much! Great post Samantha! I love reading your blog and I love you!

Diane

Janet Benlien Reeves said...

Hi! I dropped by to see your WFW picture and verse, then scrolled on down. I love the lorikeets!

Thanks for dropping by my site. Have a happy day!

Post a Comment

Blessed by :