CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

3/26/2009

Dirt Therapy




We are so excited , we have lots of sprouts ! Some may wonder why something so simple can be so exciting. " Dirt Therapy " as I sometimes call it can do wonders for the spirit. Planting those tiny little seeds that will become food for our family and friends is such a miracle. God gave us our hands to be able to provide and use them for his glory. This provides for us food, family time and also a great homeschooling project. Matthew helped to plant the seeds in the pods and will help to transplant to the garden when they are ready, he is keeping a chart of the growth progress of each plant. When he did his measuring yesterday, he was amazed at how some had grown so quickly ! When I look at these sprouts, I hear God softly whispering that he is always with us and there are miracles everywhere if we just
take time to look and listen.



"When I see that first, minuscule, curled, pale green wisp of a sprout poking up between a couple of grains of vermiculite, I hear God speaking." June Santon

3 comments:

Marie Anne said...

Dirt therapy - I absolutely agree!

I wasn't able to have a 'real' garden last year, but did a few things in containers and alongside the house. I just bought my house two weeks ago and it is going to be a good while before I'm even close to what you would call settled, so I haven't started any seeds yet, but I need to get that done.

Diane said...

I have never got the whole 'diggin in the dirt thing' and never enjoyed gardening. I had to do it every summer all the years I was growing up and promised myself that, when I grew up, I WOULD NOT have to dig in the dirt! I kept that promise to myself. Lately, I've had this urge to plant some things. I don't know where it's comin from? Am I turning into my parents?! Oh no, this means I'm getting OLD!!!! :0

I have decided I will start slow, very slow! I am going to put some perennials in and see how that goes for this year. I'm thinkin day lillies, maybe iris and some daisies. I actually have a wonderful friend in East TN who has volunteered to share from her garden with me! I'm looking forward to my experiment. We'll see how it goes?!!!

Diane

Denise said...

So true.

Post a Comment

Blessed by :