
Beautiful Spring ! My hosta is looking so pretty this year, it is coming in so full. The sad thing is that the hosta in the front flower beds will not last long because the deer will soon find it and it will be dinner for them, they Love hosta. So I have several plants in big pots in our fenced in backyard to enjoy. I love watching the deer and the little ones, but I get really upset with them this time of year, they have so much in the woods to eat but really love this hosta. I am doing some research on some type of summer flowers that I can put in the front flowerbed that they do not like. After researching, I found a few plants but seems as if they enjoy most flowers. If anyone has any ideas let me know.
Our tomato, squash, onions and other veggie plants are coming along nicely, can't wait
to get them in the garden ! We always have to deerproof it with different methods as well. So looking forward to the fresh vegetables !
Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow I may have to eat them.- Author Unknown






3 comments:
Your hosta is lovely. I love vegetables, yummy.
I wish I could help with the deer-friendly flowers. Unfortunately, I have found NOTHING they won't eat! I swear, they even eat my azealeas and TRY to eat the hawthorne bushes!!! Pretty prickly, I'll bet! Glad your veggies are doing well. Have a great week! Love you!
Diane
I don't think I'll have problem with deer at my new place, it's pretty much open fields on all sides of me so no cover for them. I still haven't started any seedlings, so I don't know how I'm going to fare this year. Buying the house and moving in has taken up all my time and resources.
Beautiful hosta!
Post a Comment
Blessed by :