CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

4/22/2010

~ Today I am asking all of my blogging friends and their friends to join me in prayer to lift up this sweet child and her family during such a difficult time battling childhood cancer.

I have been a long time donater to St. Jude in Memphis and follow many of their patients and pray for them and their families. I happened upon Ellies blog through another I was following and was so touched by her mothers faith, courage and love.

I saw how awful this disease is and what a terrible toll it takes on the body and spirit when my mother fought the battle of breast cancer. Seeing what she went through as an adult, I couldn't imagine a child having to face this ugly disease, the treatments and long difficult days you endure. So I try to always give and pray for children fighting cancer.

Ellie Potvin, a 8 year old twin, was diagnosed with Stage 4 Rhabdomyosarcoma. I have been following her blog for over a year and now we must storm the heavens for a miracle for this little girl !



I also have a link on my sidebar to her website and they are also on facebook. Please visit and please Pray !
Love and blessings to you all !

11 comments:

Parsley said...

God is bigger than this cancer. I'll join you in prayer!

Heart2Heart said...

Samantha,

If I were only able to ask God for one miracle it would be to find a permanent cure for all forms of cancer so that we wouldn't have to watch things like this happen to the most beautiful of God's creations. Lifting this precious ones needs up in prayer because I believe that faith today can still lead to miracles!


Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Lisa said...

Praying, Praying, Praying, in Jesus' Name! What a beautiful family. God is a healer and I'm believing for them!!

Andrea said...

Storming the heavens with you!

If you would like a prayer button for them, go to http://richgifts.blogspot.com and ask Edie to make you it. She does them free for urgent prayer requests. She is an awesome lady and loves the LORD with all her heart. Just tell her I sent you. Then we can all place them on our blogs.

Blessings, hugs, and prayers,
andrea

Trish said...

I will be praying for this sweet girl and her family Samantha. It is so hard to watch those we love suffer and go through these treatments...
God be with this family.

Cathy said...

That is so sad. My mother also had cancer. Praying for sweet little Ellie ~

Pam said...

I am praying for the whole family. I know that God is able to heal her.

Pam said...

Also, just wanted to let you know that you won my ecosmart prize package. Please send me your address. My email is pamwattenbarger@yahoo.com.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I will pray for her.

Connie said...

Samantha,

Thank you for sharing about Ellie and her family. I tried to leave a comment a couple of days ago, but something was wrong - probably on my end. I think my old computer has about had it. I am praying. I think I've told you before that Larry and I both lost our moms to cancer. It is so hard for families to go through this. I am praying that Ellie will defeat this awful disease. God is still in the miracle business.
Much love ~ Connie

Anonymous said...

Praying with you, Samantha. I'm so glad you stopped by my little corner.

Let's see now, saved by Grace, I love southern charm, love Paula Deen and the Food Network which I often watch with my daughter (hubby too),am also a home school mom (17 year old daughter, 20 year old son already graduated), I have the same verse at the end of my sidebar--Exodus 23:20, happily married 25 years as well...need I say more? hahaha ;) Looking forward to visiting and praying together.

Post a Comment

Blessed by :