CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

4/15/2010

Cooking in a box ~

My peach cobbler I cooked at the lake. This was our first time to try cooking in a box and it worked great !! It got much hotter than I expected it to, the cobbler turned out delicious. Of course, eating by the lake added to the goodness !

The outdoor oven is just a box cut with one side that folds up for the door. Inside for the rack are about 6-7 coat hangers stuck through from side to side and they make a sturdy rack. I used an aluminum pan for the cobbler and put about 10 hot charcoals on the bottom. It would have been better to put the coals in an aluminum pan. I just used a pan that rolls came in for the cobbler and will use one for the coals next time. The box has to be completely covered in foil, no cardboard showing inside and out.

My recipe, you could also use this recipe in your oven at home. Enjoy !
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 stick butter
1 can peaches
1 tsp cinnamon 1/2 cup milk
It took about 45 minutes to cook in my outside oven. It was delicious !





A great day at the lake with family, I am blessed !




10 comments:

Lisa said...

You sure are blessed and that cobbler looks divine!

GranthamLynn said...

Wow interesting! I have never seen this. Really cool.
Thanks for sharing. And thanks for stopping by and praying for our work.
Have a Blessed Friday,
Sherry

GranthamLynn said...

One more thing. If you would like it let me know or maybe you have a fellow homeschooler that would want it.

Missie said...

Wow! That looks neat! Might have to try that next time we go camping!

Just Be Real said...

Looks good to me. Thanks for sharing Samantha.

Arlee Bird said...

I have heard of such a thing. Seems to me I did something like that (@ 35) years ago but can't remember exactly what I did. I'm pretty sure I made blueberry muffins though.
I've also heard of cooking with your car engine (not sure I'd want to trust that one) and your dishwasher (maybe if your stove was broken, but I think I'd just forego cooking).

Lee
Tossing It Out

Connie said...

What fun, Samantha!!! I love this!!
God bless ~ Connie

Pam said...

This does sound really good. Now I want cobbler. : ) Hugs,
Pam

Anonymous said...

Hi Samantha,
I just came from Trisha's blog where i saw you had left a comment saying you would pray for my friend and her little one and i wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart and tell you how grateful i am.
May you be blessed today and always.
Love Kristina XxX

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wow, very creative. I think I will try this inside!

Post a Comment

Blessed by :