1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup unpopped popcorn
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon baking soda
In a 4 quart saucepan, add 1 tablespoon of the oil , and heat over high heat. When oil is hot, add 1 cup of popping corn.
Keep pan moving constantly. When corn stops popping, remove from heat.
Place popped corn in oven to keep warm.
Repeat until all corn has been popped.
Preheat oven to 200 F
Boil sugar, butter, syrup, and salt for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat, add baking soda. Stir well.
Pour over popped corn. Spread onto cookie sheets and place in oven for 1 hour.
Stir every 15 min. Remove from oven and let cool, breaking apart the popcorn as it cools.
Store in air tight containers.

Today is Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, to enjoy more great recipes or join in click the link on my sidebar. Ladies, thanks so much for hosting.

Can You Eat Ornamental Indian Corn?
The hard, multicolored ears of corn that decorate tabletops and front doors around this time of year are, in theory, edible. If you cooked ornamental corn and ate it right off the cob, it would taste pretty bland, but it wouldn’t hurt you, according to Edith Munro, communications manager for the Iowa Corn Growers Association.







11 comments:
Oh, I had completely forgotten about making caramel corn! Perfect time of year for it, that's for sure!!! Thanks for the recipe, Tennessee friend!
YUMMY!!!
We are big popcorn eaters here!!
I bet this would make great gifts!!
Ooh, I will do this!
I love popcorn.
My kids would love a big batch of this!!
I'll have to make this as a special treat!!
Have a wonderful day!! Many blessings!!
Samantha,
I love the way Indian corn looks! So beautiful and colorful. We actually grew some when I was little and loved seeing what would grow!
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
Oh, Samantha...I love Caramel Corn and I know the Grandbabies will love this!
I have my Indian Corn hanging on the fireplace!
Okay, now I am hungry! I love caramel popcorn. I'll have to make this soon.
Hugs,
Pam
oh my gosh, i can hardly believe it.
I just had a boy scout selling popcorn, and I just paid 10.00 for a tiny tin.
Oh my gosh, what are the chances of finding this post right now ??????????????
I will print this out right now.
we love carmel corn around here.
Oh yum! Doesn't that just say fall.
The Raggedy Girl
I don't like plain popcorn but I do love caramel popcorn. This is the right time to make it.
Post a Comment
Blessed by :