In our neck of the woods, it is quite cool and the leaves are turning so slowly yet so quickly.
October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came-
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band."
~George Cooper
I am so thankful for the simple things, the crisp cool air, the smell of my harvest candle burning, the quiet sounds in the morning, the beautiful yellow mums I bought this week.
Hoping that my family and friends have a lovely October month !
~ Teach us to delight in the simple things. ~Rudyard Kipling







13 comments:
Thank you for that sweet post, Samantha. The nights are getting chilly here. But the days are cooler and the flowers seem to love it. Blessings ~
Thank you for sharing this pretty poem on the 1st day of October. Here in Albuquerque, New Mexico Professor Wind has been spreading his gust so grand. Geri
Thank you for sharing. I love October and fall.
Blessings,
Amy
I love the sweet poem dear.
Happy autumn Samantha!
It is quite cool here in Southeast Michigan...went down to 38' last night! But I love October...time for Apple Orchards and Pumpkin Patches...Oh, and lovely Mums too!
I too am wondering what happened to September. It was really hot here and seemed like summer but Autumn arrived with October, so it is a good thing.
The Raggedy Girl
Samantha,
What a wonderful way to usher in the month of October with a celebration of fall.
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
I am thankful for you, Samantha, and hoping you and your family have a lovely October, too!!
I hope you and your family have a wonderful October also. I would like for it to be warm year round, but fall is pretty!
Hugs,
Pam
It's feeling like summer here, though I wish it felt like fall. Enjoy the colors and the coolness.
Thank you for such sweet encouragement!!
Have a blessed week-end!!
Amen!!
Post a Comment
Blessed by :