CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

8/31/2009

TMTT ~ Love honey !



Today is Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, to enjoy more great recipes or join in click the link on my sidebar. Ladies, thanks so much for hosting !

Today I am sharing some of my simple honey favorites !

Honey Butter
In small bowl, cream ½ cup margarine or butter until soft.
Slowly beat in ¼ cup honey; beat on high speed until light.
Put on biscuits, breads, potatoes, so yummy !

Honey-Orange Cream Spread
One 8-oz package cream cheese
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons orange juice
1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
Spread on bagels, biscuits and breads !

Honey glaze
12 oz. honey
12 oz. butter or margarine
8 oz. brown sugar
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions
Combine and mix honey, butter or margarine, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and smooth.
Put it on ham, chicken, pork...it goes well on all !

The pedigree of honey does not concern the bee,a clover, anytime, to him, is aristocracy.
~Emily Dickinson

12 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks honey, I really love honey. lol

MadeInCanarias said...

Honey-Orange Cream Spread sounds so good!

Lori said...

Oh wowee, that honey orange cream spread sounds fanTAStic!! I'll save this one for my recipe files!!! YUM.
Wishing you a great day, Samantha!

SnoWhite said...

I love honey too! and, honey butter is a wonderful way to enjoy homemade breads :) Thanks.

Jane In The Jungle said...

Oh Samantha, I love honey also....in fact I'm trying to talk my 2nd son into raising bees with me! Thanks so much for the recipies!
Blessings.

Parsley said...

Ooh..yum.

Lynn said...

Your honey recipes sound lovely. I'd love some of that glaze over ham right about now :)

Trish said...

We go through lots of honey...Tom is the lover of it around here. I have started buying huge containers so that he never runs out! I will surely try these recipes...the honey butter will be yummy the next time I mix up a batch of biscuits!
Hugs,
trish

Connie said...

Samantha,

Thank you for the recipes!! I've copied all of them and look forward to trying them very soon!! The spreads would be a nice treat to carry to Sunday school!

I hope you guys have a wonderful week!!

God bless you,

Connie

lady m said...

Samantha,

These recipes are just delicious! Yumm!!!

lady m

Angela said...

Yummy! I love honey as well. I actually just got a huge thing of it at Costco so I will definitely try these!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

That sounds so delicious. Brought me back to a memory with my grandmother who would always make us honey butter. Thanks for the memory :-) and the great recipe.

Post a Comment

Blessed by :