CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

8/21/2009



A careless word may kindle strife,
A cruel word may wreck a life,
A bitter word may hate instil,
A brutal word may smite and kill.

A gracious word may light a day,
A kindly word may keep loneliness away,
A timely word may lessen stress,
A loving word may heal and bless.
(Author Unknown)

Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt,
that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
Colossians 4:6

11 comments:

Connie said...

A great reminder, Samantha!!
Thanks for sharing this! I love the graphic too - so peaceful looking!

Parsley said...

I love this post! Thank you.

Trish said...

This is so true Samantha. Mama and Daddy always told us to be kind..if you don't have something nice to say then say nothing at all. I think it would do us all well to think before we speak!
Blessings my friend,
trish

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

What a sweet poem! Our words are so powerful, it is true! God Bless,

Sonya Lee

Denise said...

Such a great poem, thanks for sharing.

Pam said...

That is a great reminder of watching what we say. It's easy to forget sometimes.
Hugs,
Pam

Lori said...

Wow, Samantha...that's the truth if it was ever told!! I love that picture too. :)
Have a wonderful evening!

Linda said...

Loved the poem, the picture and the verse!

Thanks!
Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

lady m said...

Oh Samantha...what a terrific poem!

Thank you for sharing dear friend,

lady m

ps: have a great weekend!

Mikki said...

Beautiful.. though this is one of those verses I read and say 'ouch'.. God's Word is that two edge sword and can hurt sometimes when it's doing it's disciplining or correction.. :-)

Trish said...

Hi Girl...just checking in! Love you.
trish

Post a Comment

Blessed by :