Today is Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, to enjoy more great recipes or join in click the link on my sidebar. Ladies, thanks so much for hosting.This time of year, I love to use apples, yummy for the fall !
Apple Crisp ~4 1/2 cups peeled, cored and sliced apples
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
4 tablespoons butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Lightly grease a medium casserole dish.
Lightly grease a medium casserole dish.
Evenly spread the apple slices in the prepared dish.
In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice and water, and pour over the apples.
Drizzle apples with honey, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice and water, and pour over the apples.
Drizzle apples with honey, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
In a bowl, mix the brown sugar, flour, oats, and butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the apples.
Bake 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven, until apples are tender and topping is lightly browned.
Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream !
Caramel apples~
Cut up apples and drizzle caramel over them, who doesn't love a caramel apple and this is much easier to eat !
Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream !
Caramel apples~Cut up apples and drizzle caramel over them, who doesn't love a caramel apple and this is much easier to eat !
"I had rather be shut up in a very modest cottage with my books, my family and a few old friends,dining on simple bacon,and letting the world roll on as it liked,than to occupy the most splendid post,which any human power can give."~ Thomas Jefferson ~
And the feast of harvest, the firstfruits of thy labors, which thou hast sown in the field: and the feast of ingathering, which is in the end of the year, when thou hast gathered in thy labors out of the field.
Exodus 23 : 16






16 comments:
delicious!!! I love apple crisp. All things apple, really ;-)
Apple Crisp with vanilla ice cream is my all time favorite apple recipe. Comfort food!
Apple Crisp is delicious! Yum!
The flooding here is pretty scary. Our home is safe because we're elevated, but we can't go out of our subdivision.
Thanks for your prayers. Hugs,
Pam
Your apple crisp recipe sounds really delicious!
I'm having my first giveaway, come and have a look :)
I love the fall and warm apple desserts. We are going apple picking next week and I will absolutely have totry this recipe. Thanks for sharing it and for stopping by my blog and showing some love.
Caramel apples...yum.
These sound very good.
Samantha,
I can see combining both of these for a delicious caramel apple crisp and getting the best of both worlds. Thank you for posting these recipes! Just in time for fall!
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
I love this recipe. It's sounds sooo YUMMY!!! THANKS!!! Geri
Wow and yum! I have had something similar at restaurants, and I will definitey have to try making that. Congrats to Matthew (I read your next to last post too). Love to you sweet sister, Laurie
That looks awesome! I also love the idea of the carmel on the apple slices. Why didn't I think of that??
Thomas Jefferson was a wise man.
I love Apple Crisp...now I need to make a batch
since I just bought a nice big bag of fresh apples!
Oh yum! I miss yummy apples. The ones we get down here never taste all that good.
I just bought some at the store to venture into making a fresh pie.. we'll see how it goes.
Going to post my Tempt My Tummy post...
Ah! THE perfect fall dessert!! :)
Thanks for sharing. Sounds delish!
MmM your apple crisp sounds delicious! thanks for sharing:)
Post a Comment
Blessed by :