CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

8/05/2009

Today I am participating in " A Few of My Favorite Things " hosted by sweet Amy @ http://filledwithpraise.blogspot.com/ . Her link is also on my sidebar.
Thank you Amy for hosting, blessings to you !

~One of my favorite things~ The wonderful smells of home ~

The smell of fresh baked pie .
The smell of the Thanksgiving Turkey in the oven.
The smells of the fresh cut Christmas tree.
The smell of lovely fresh cut flowers.
The smell of the wind blowing in an open window.
The smell of a summer afternoon rain. Oh, how I love those sweet smells of home !

Here is a homemade sweet smelling air freshener
if you don't have the time to bake that pie.
1 teaspoon vanilla ,1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg or a few cloves, pot of water
Let simmer gently for an hour or so for a fresh baking scent.

"From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another."John 1:16 (NIV)

Father, Thank you for the sweet smells of home. Every good thing in our lives comes from you. We thank you that we can rejoice in your bounty and in your goodness. Lord, even in the midst of trials in our lives, help us to never forget all that you have blessed us with. In Jesus’ Name,Amen.
















10 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, I love all of these smells too! Such blessings. Thank you so much for sharing and participating.
Blessings to you friend,
Amy

Lauren said...

OH YES!! I know just what you mean!! I love the smell of home... especially on Thanksgiving Day! mmmmmmm

From the Heart said...

Thanks for your comment.
From the Heart,
AliceE.

Lori said...

Enjoyed reading your favorites. :) And wow, what a neat recipe for a fresh baked smell!!! Thanks for sharing!
Have a great evening!

Denise said...

I like your favorites.

Kara With a K said...

I've never been to your blog before, saw you over at Amy's. I love your favorites! I'm going to have to try that scent, because I rarely bake, but I love smell of apple pie.

Power Up Love said...

I see that you love to bake and cook. So, I've have a request. A few years back by accident while cleaning the kitchen. I through out my wife's awesome carrot cake recipe. Do you have a good carrot cake recipe you would share? Please email me poweruplove@gmail.com

Oh, by the way, thank you for commenting at PowerUpLove:)

lady m said...

I so enjoy visiting your "home" Samantha! It is such a joy to feel the love that you have for Our Saviour!

many blessings to your day,

lady m

Unknown said...

I like your blog and I've given you an award for " One Lovely Blog " to receive this award please go to my blog the instructions for it are posted after the coconut cake recipe. Geri

Pam said...

That sounds like a great smelling air freshener. I am thankful for ice cream!

Post a Comment

Blessed by :