CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2/28/2010


~ Think Like a Tree ~

Soak up the sun
Affirm life's magic Be graceful in the wind
Stand tall after a storm
Feel refreshed after it rains
Grow strong without notice
Be prepared for each season
Provide shelter to strangers
Hang tough through a cold spell
Emerge renewed at the first signs of spring
Stay deeply rooted while reaching for the sky
Be still long enough to hear your own leaves rustling.
~ by K.I.Shragg


Dear Father,
I thank You for mercy, for forgiveness, for purity, for providing for my needs.Thank you dear God for our beautiful nature, the trees, the moon, the stars, the ground we walk on. Help me to not take any of these and so many of my blessings for granted.Thank you for the blood of Jesus, your precious lamb.
Amen

7 comments:

Mikki said...

What a beautiful post!! How encouraging in times like we're in.

Blessings to you on this Lords day..

Lisa said...

What a lovely poem and I love the photo of the tree. As I've gotten older, I've learned to enjoy how magically beautiful nature is all around us. We just have to really stop and look at it!

Hugs,
Lisa

Heart2Heart said...

Samantha,

What a beautiful poem that goes hand in hand with your prayer. We truly do need time to stop and appreciate all those seemingly little things we all taken for granted each day. Slow down and thank God!


Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Anonymous said...

May the Lord grant you the stillness and the peace that only He can give! May you continue to live with Him in you and not take anything for granted!

Blessings to you dear friend,

Maria

Trish said...

I have always loved trees...now I understand why! Thank you, for this beautiful post Dear Friend.
Big Hugs,
trish

Pam said...

This is such an encouraging poem and prayer. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Just Be Real said...

Samantha, this is very timely. I know you had this post on for a while, but I needed to read it today. Blessings and thank you for your encouraging comments on my blog!

Post a Comment

Blessed by :