CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

11/16/2009

Cream Cheese Pound Cake ~

(8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 1/2 cups butter
3 cups white sugar
6 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions ~
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth.
Add sugar gradually and beat until fluffy.
Add eggs two at a time, beating well with each addition.
Add the flour all at once and mix in. Add vanilla.
Pour into a 10 inch tube pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Check for
doneness at 1 hour. A toothpick inserted into center of cake will come out clean.
Serve with some whipped cream.

10 comments:

Linda said...

Sounds heavenly,...but I am allergic to eggs, so I can't have it!

Thanks so much for your kind comments today Samantha.

Have a great week.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Parsley said...

This is a great recipe! Thank you.

GranthamLynn said...

Oh this sounds so yummy. Might need to try it for Thanksgiving. I am not a pie girl. So might do this for me. Ohhh maybe I shouldn't. Nah. I'll share it with the neighbor since everyone else will be eating pie! LOL.
BTW tell your Matthew congrats on that soccer game.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment.
Have a Blessed Week,
Sherry

Pam said...

This sounds good. I love pound cakes and I love cream cheese, so the combination of the two should be awesome.
Hugs,
Pam

Andrea said...

Oh my...this sounds sinful.
I love pound cakes and I am not a cake person.
Blessings, andrea

Teresa @ ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥ said...

This sounds very much like my Grandmother's pound cake. I really miss it. She is almost 95 and we just recently had to put her in a nursing home. :0( I'm going to copy this recipe. Maybe my hubby or one of my daughters can make it for Thanksgiving and then take her some. I bet she'd like that!

I hope you are having a great day. Thanks for stopping by. It's always such a blessing when you do.

{{HUGS}}

Teresa <><

Trish said...

Oh, Samantha I LOVE pound cake!!! With a drizzle if strawberries and whipped cream this will be perfection!
((hugs))

Mikki said...

YUM! I love pound cake but never think about making it. I have a dear friend that bakes a bunch and freezes it for special occasions. I need to do that!.

Blessings..

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I will make this for sure. I love pound cake.
Thank you for sharing.

Andrea said...

Sounds yummy. I love pound cake.
Blessings,andrea

Post a Comment

Blessed by :